Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bubba # 1 Jefferson Baracks

Heading into this cross season I couldn't be more excited. Last year I finished in the top ten for most of the "A" races . . . so this year my goal is to finish top 5 as often as possible. This obviously becomes more difficult when Josh and Nate show up, as was the case Sunday. That said, I got off to a good start. I was able to avoid the first two crashes of the day, which also helped me establish my position in the front of the field. After a couple of laps I began to settle in. I found myself riding with Dr. Mark and another guy, we were probably riding in 4-6 spots. The pace felt good and wasn't pushing me too much. Unfortunatley I wasn't cautious enough and hit a root too hard in an awkward position. My bike came to a screeching halt beneath me, almost throwing me forward over the bars. After hopping off I quickly realized I rolled my tire off the rim. I tried to pop it back on but didn't have any luck. My race was over. Lesson learned . . . check my wheels very carefully after ridjng in a sloppy mess (Hermann Under the Lights). Oh well, the bike will be ready for next Sunday, but will the rider?

No comments:

Post a Comment