Wednesday, March 31, 2010

UPDATE!!!

I know I always say it, but I really do plan on updating this blog more frequently. So...

So much has happened since the last post, it's hard to know where to start. But I have a pretty good bit of info to begin with. MY WIFE IS PREGNANT WITH OUR SON!!!! Yeah, that's right... I'm gonna be a daddy! Scary thought, I know. We expect our son to be with us sometime in the middle of August. If he's really cooperative he may actually join us a week or so early. That would be nice :) His actual due date is the first day of school though! That could create some issues, but really, who cares. It will all work out. It has to :) Jessie and I (with the help of my parents) have already remodeled the nursery, and her parents have purchased the baby's crib for us so we are super excited. We even have a couple of bicycle themed outfits for him to wear. He will be adorable :)

Moving on. The job is great, no complaints here. Jessie has a new job as an admissions counselor at Vatterott College and it seems to be going well. I think she really likes it and plans to make a career of it. So good for her. I'm happy that she's found something here that she loves, I've been wishing she could find a job like this for so long now. It's nice to see her enjoying her work so much and talking about it being a lifetime career. It just makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

As for bike racing, it's really just getting started. I screwed up at Froze Toes and started my sprint too soon and pooped out well before the line. At Forest Park on Sunday I missed the winning breakaway as I sat comfortably in the pack hoping others would chase it down. Did I say comfortably? Let me mention that the temperature that day was 45 degress, it was raining, and the wind was blowing about 15-20mph. What a fun day on the bike! But seriously, I had a good time. Realizing the race was essentially over as the breakaway had nearly a minute on the field, I took a flyer off the front with 6 laps to go and hoped to hold my lead to the finish. I felt good and thought I had a chance, but with 300 meters to go I got caught by the field and was forced to sit up an roll SLOWLY across the finish line. I was smiling as I did it though. It took a hell of an effort to stay off the front for those 6 laps and the fitness I gained from it will pay off in the long run. I just can't wait until the next race!

Anyway, stay tuned. The blog WILL be updated more frequently, I PROMISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment