Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer of Fun 8

Here are the top 8 events for SUMMER OF FUN 8 listed in no particular order:

1) The birth of my son (this does take priority and certainly deserves top spot haha)
2) Ride my bicycle, a lot
3) Celebrate our first anniversary! (suggestions anyone?)
4) Return to Washington, D.C. with 89 QJHS students..CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO THE CAPITOL!
5) Coach at Great River Soccer Academy (signup at greatriversoccer.com)
6) Visit my younger brother in Texas (and maybe bump into Lance...)
7) Race my bicycle, a lot
8) Attempt to spoil my very pregnant wife and help her stay comfortable during the hot summer months!

So I lied, the birth of son will certainly be the highlight of the summer. ETA 8/16/10. I'm trying to convince him to arrive a week or so early though, for purely selfish reasons of course. His actual due date is the first day of school so that would definitely complicate things in the beginning of the year...but who cares really. If he wants to stay in there a little longer then I would like I would be in no position to complain. I'm sure it wouldn't be the last time he goes against the wishes of his father! haha

Anyway, I celebrated the beginning of summer by going on a 60 mile bike ride and taking my wife to lunch. Two things I never get to do on a weekday during the school year. Tomorrow is graduation, which of course I will be attending as a chaperone. I'm excited about this, of course. Then Sunday and Monday I'll be racing in the Quad Cities area. I'm hoping to do well over the next couple of weeks as my legs feel great.

Off to do some yard work....which didn't even make the list this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment