Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Update #1

I have accomplished a few things from the original list for Summer of Fun 8. For starters, I have ridden my bike a lot. Not much of a surprise, huh? Our trip to Washington went well, although we did have a few complications along the way. Great River Soccer Camp was a huge success once again! We had over 100 campers in our Quincy/Keokuk locations... a record number for us I believe. We've done the camp 5 years now and it continues to get better and better. I have attempted to spoil my very pregnant wife as much as possible, but unfortunately for her it seems that I am not very good at it. I swear I will give her a proper foot massage soon though!

With our son due in 6 weeks I have taken it upon myself to tackle a few summer projects. Jessie helped me compile a "to do" list around the house and with the help of my wonderful Mother have accomplished most of them already. You know what that means, right? Yep...more time to ride my bicycle.

Speaking of bicycle riding, my form is coming along nicely I believe. I've had a couple of rough races the last month, but altogether am pleased with the way things have gone. I took a couple of DNF's (did not finish) in road races this year due to excessive cramping, but have done fine in the shorter higher paced crit races. My teammate David and I travelled to a couple of races together and we (and him especially) have had good success. David won the Fox River Grove crit and took second at the Champaign Crit. He followed that up by taking second at the Illinois State Crit Championship, while I finished 7th. Although not entirely pleased with my finish, I was at least satisfied with the result. I'm still training hard and expect to do well in the last two months of road season. After that? CYCLOCROSS STARTS! I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you have a wonderful wife that is giving you a SON! These summer months must have her worn out! Her feet may be swelling and I bet she is tired almost all of the time since it is getting to the end of the 3rd trimester. You should really work on spoiling her a little more. Also you should really try to come up with a nice weekend for your first anniversary. She would probably love a fun weekend with her husband before that little bundle of joy arrives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ronald, it sounds like SoF8 is coming along quite nicely. I hope that the rest goes as well if not better!

    PS: I claim Godfather rights to your son.

    ReplyDelete